The Inland Northwest Compassionate Mind Center seeks to promote wellbeing through the following objectives:
- Providing training to mental health providers in the Compassion-Focused Therapy model.
- Applying Compassion-Focused Therapy to the treatment of emotional and relationship difficulties.
- Providing consultation to human service organizations wishing to make their practices more compassionate.
- Conducting and promoting research to explore the potential of compassion-based approaches in alleviating human suffering and promoting happiness.
- Promoting compassionate action in communities of the Northwestern United States.